Translate This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Worthy Adventure, Over

Sometimes you never know what life will bring you. A couple of months ago I started doing online veterinary web shows with GabCast.TV, a new site that was working on doing live, interactive shows from experts as well as anyone who wanted to do their own show.  The pedigree behind the site was impressive, with major Emmy award-winning television executives and some big-name supporters.  As part of the promotion for the site they even had Jimmy Kimmel Tweeting about it.  The site started off on a trial basis until they could get long-term financial support.  It all seemed really good and promising.

Unfortunately things don't always work out as they are planned.  I received notice today that GabCast hasn't been able to find permanent funding and won't be able to support the hosts.  So as of the end of this month I won't be doing webshows through them anymore unless something changes in the future.

It's been interesting doing this, and I got more exposure than I ever thought I would.  There's still the possibility that bigger things could come of this, but only time will tell.  I'm certainly not sorry that I pursued this and feel that it opened me up to new opportunities and new possibilities.

So for now it's back to normal with this blog and the way things have been going for the past couple of years.  If anything else happens, I'll be sure to post it here!